This is the easiest dish to make... If you do not mind the soy sauce, try it.. hehe.. A lot of Singaporean and Malaysian loves to use Habhal Kicap Manis (Sweet Soy Sauce), I think this is the best brand for Kicap Manis. I brought one bottle Habhal Kicap Manis to US but unfortunately, even after I wrapped the bottle with bubble wrap and lotsa newspapers, it got broken in my bag that I checked in. Unable to save any drops and all my things soaked with soy sauce!! :(
If you do not have the sweet soy sauce then mix light soy sauce and dark sauce and some sugar, I used more light and less dark one. No need salt at all..
1 small onion - slice
1 garlic - slice
1 green chilli - thinly slice
light soy sauce
dark soy sauce
- Fry the eggs. Set aside.
- Mix together the abt 1 tsp sambal, light soy sauce and dark sauce together in a small bowl.
- Heat a little oil (I used the oil from frying the eggs). Add in garlic. Fry till fragrant.
- Add the onion and green chilli. Fry till slightly soft.
- Pour in the soy sauce mixture and 1 tsp sugar and stir for a while and remove from heat.
- Pour the sauce onto the eggs.
- Sprinkle some chopped spring onions and ready to serve.
Here is hubby's plate. He put the food on his plate nicely and told me to take a picture of his plate.. :)
Besides the fried egg in sweet sauce, I also made my teriyaki ginger chicken.
Just a side track a bit... A picture of family and friends from Singapore that I miss so much..
I am gonna add more pictures on this wall... hehe..