Monday, November 16, 2009

Mee Siam

Mee Siam is a popular dish in Singapore and Malaysia.. A  dish of thin rice noodles(vermicelli) in spicy, sweet and sour light gravy. Mee Siam is often served with dried or fried bean curd, boiled egg, lime, sambal and garnish with Chinese chives and spring onion. Some people would add taugeh (beansprouts) mixed in the thin rice noodles but I do not like the taugeh so I always omit taugeh in my cooking..

I called my mom to guide me because I only like the way she cooked it. My Mee Siam was simple, just boiled egg and chopped chives. Although my gravy had the spicy, sweet and sour taste, I think there was something missing. Since it was my first time, I think it was a good try. As my hubby do not usually eat spicy food, he said my Mee Siam was too spicy. He only had a little serving of my Mee Siam so I had to finish the Mee Siam myself... Lucky I did not cooked a lot, if not, Mee Siam would be my food for the week.. Lol!!

I am sorry that I am unable to share my Mee Siam recipe but here are some links that I found on the internet.

Singapore Mee Siam
MalaysiaFood.net 
Big Oven

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...