There's nothing better than a good bowl of chili on a cold fall day. A Home-made chili. I'm not taking about that hot red or green chili but this is a spicy stew. A dish that is enjoyed in many homes in America today and in many different ways.
Chili used in other dishes :
- Chili dog - a topping over a hot dog
- Chili Burger - burger topped with chili (usually without beans)
- Chili Cheese Fries - added to fries and cheese
- Chili Rice - chili served over white rice
- Chili Mac - addition of macaroni or some other pasta
- Frito pie - Frito corn chips with chili poured over the top.
- Chili stuffed baked potato - stuffed chili with cheddar cheese, butter and chopped onions or green onions
I found this delicious recipe in Allrecipes. As mentioned by Ms Deb, " This is the tastiest, easiest chili recipe you'll ever find.". She's right about that. :)
Ingredients: Serves 8
2 pounds ground beef
1/2 onion, chopped
1 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic salt
2 1/2 cups tomato sauce
1 (8 oz.) jar salsa
4 tbsp chili seasoning mix
1 (15 ounce) can chili beans, drained (the recipe called for kidney beans, I don't like kidney beans so I used chili beans)
In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the ground beef and the onion ans saute for 10 minutes, or until meat is browned and onion is tender. Drain grease, if desired.
Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well, reduce heat to low and simmer for at least 1 hour.
Serve warm with a toast or crackers.
Original recipe can be found here.