When eating quick oats, I like to mix with condensed milk and add hot water. Hubby prefers a different style, which I do not prefer at all.. So whenever, we want to eat oatmeal, we would make our own oatmeal porridge. :)
In the Quaker Oats container, there is a cookie recipe so I decided to give it a try. Hmm... These oatmeal raisin cookies are delicious....
Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies by Quaker
Makes about 4 dozen
2 sticks butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt (optional)
3 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old-fashioned, uncooked)
1 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Beat together butter and sugars until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- Stir in oats and raisin; mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack.
Bar Cookies: Bake 30 to 35 minutes in ungreased 13 x 9-inch metal baking pan.
Good night, everyone! Sweet dreams........ :)