Friday, February 12, 2010

Chicken Scrampi II

I thought today was the 13th and tomorrow is Valentine's Day. No special plans since it's just another day. From my  point of view, if we go out to eat at a restaurant, it could cost little more  (just like any other special occasion) and flowers could cost twice the price because so many people want to get flowers for their love ones.. I told my hubby no need to go out and no need buy flowers... I planned to cook something special..  hehe.. I planned to start with breakfast in bed,  skip lunch then dinner and last but not least the dessert.. So we went to the supermarket to get some of the items that I need..  When we got home, I overlooked one item from my list. So I asked my hubby, if he could go to the store tomorrow to get it for me so that I prepare for  special dinner tomorrow. He said "Why tomorrow??? Its 13th"  Then I insisted that tomorrow is the 14th... He showed me the calender... hahaha... I got confused with the dates again.. But I felt relief though because I still have another day to prepare my last minute DIY Valentine's card for him.. Lol!!

For us, this week is all about pasta. On Monday, we had Spaghetti Alfredo, Wednesday was Spaghetti in Tomato sauce (ground beef and mushroom) and today, its Vermicelli Chicken Scrampi II.  I saw the chicken scrampi recipe at Allrecipes and thought chicken scrampi would be nice with pasta. After carefully read through a great amount of reviews and I followed some good suggestions...

Chicken Scrampi II (Allrecipes)

Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp dried oregano
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
salt to taste
2 tbsp lemon juice
4 boneless chicken breast halves, cut into cubes
Green pepper, diced (optional) 
Parmesan cheese (optional)
Shredded cheese (optional)

In a skillet heat the butter and oil over medium high until the butter melts. Add the parsley, basil, oregano and garlic and salt and mix together in the skillet. Stir in lemon juice.

Then add the chicken and saute for about 3 minutes or until white. Lower the heat and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear. More butter can be added if needed. 

Notes: 

I boiled 7 oz vermicelli pasta, drained. Then mixed with chicken scrampi and also the Parmesan cheese at the last minute before removing from the heat. 
  

1 comment:

Chris said...

The date mix up is funny! Alexis once insisted our anniversary was on the 16th and she pulled out our marriage license to prove...oops...that I was right, we were married on the 17th.

The scampi sounds and looks yummy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...