Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Rolling those wraps.. traditional chinese egg rolls

We got some quick-ready-to-eat egg rolls from the grocery store before and they don't taste any good. I cant described it (its been long time) and I know I will never buy those stuff again. I would rather spend a little more time making my own rolls.

Here we go.. At first I wanted to use mom's recipe for the fillings but I used the recipe from Vitasoy USA Inc instead. You can get the recipe from their website too. Inside the packaging also have some recipes. I omitted the bean sprouts and I used powder ginger instead, the rest remains...



Be sure to drain and crumble the tofu before stir-fry.
Stir-fry tofu and ginger in wide skillet over high heat until lightly browned, 2-3mins.


Add carrot, cabbage and spring onions; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in Oyster sauce. Stir well.



Then let the mixture cools before putting the filling in the egg roll.
Place filling diagonally on wrapper.


Fold corner over filling, roll snugly half-way to cover filling.


Fold up both sides snugly against filling, moisten edges of last flap.













Roll over flap to seal; lay flap-side down until ready to cook.


These traditional egg rolls were so simple and they were delicious. Even better dipping in sambal or sweet chilli sauce.. Yummy!! Maybe cooking with love, even hubby said its so good.. hehe..


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I love your blog too! You are a really good cook! Look at all the great food you make!

lilmizlynn said...

Thanks Lannae. It make my day **smiles ear-to-ear** hehe :)

♥Rosie♥ said...

Those wraps look and sound soooo good!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...