Thursday, July 30, 2009

Stir-fried Beef

As mentioned in my previous blog, here is the recipe for the stir-fried beef. I adapt the recipe "Stir-Fried Beef with Leeks" from my cookbook; Light Chinese Dishes by Kathryn Hawkins. I made some changes to certain ingredients to suit my likings. Instead of using leeks, I used green peppers and I do not use the dry sherry as indicated in the recipe.
Here is my recipe:

Ingredients:

450g (1lb) lean rump or sirloin steak
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp ground black pepper
2 tsp cornflour
4 oz spring onions
2 tsp sugar
1/2 cup beef stock

Trim any fat from the beef and cut into 3/4 inches pieces. Place in a bowl and mix in soy sauce, sesame oil, black pepper, and cornflour. Cover and chill for 30 minutes. Slice the green peppers thinly and wash well. Trim and shred the spring onions.

Heat oil in wok (since I do not have a wok yet, I used my large frying pan) and stir-fry beef mixture for 1-2 minutes until beef is browned. Add green peppers, spring onions and sugar and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until browned. Pour in the stock and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened.

Served on top of plain rice. Yummy!


Last Saturday, while we were groceries shopping, I saw Pillsbury Flag cookies on sale. These cookies were on bargain! 2 boxes for $1 and there are 2 dozens cookies. So without hesitation I quickly put 2 boxes in the shopping cart.. hehe.. So last night, I baked these cookies. Before I took my first bite on the cookie, I kept looking at the cookies, wondering how they stamped the flag in the center without messing the cookie?????????


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...