Thursday, June 17, 2010

Baked Salmon

I wanted to cook the salmon fillets. I was not sure what to do with it. So I flipped through my recipe books and none seems to interest me. I went online and checked out Allrecipes.com. Found Baked Salmon II. It's just what I wanted... As recommended, I made some changes, and it turned out wonderfully.. I poured the little bit of the sauce over my steamed broccoli, carrots and crabmeat... ((yumyum)) This recipe will become a staple in our weekly menu. Thanks LADYBLADE for sharing the recipe. :o)

Ingredients:
2 salmon fillets
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp melted butter
3/4 tsp basil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 lemon juice
1 tsp dried parsley
dash of dill weed
1 stalk green onion, cut about 2cm long
a few slices of lemon

In a medium glass bowl, prepare marinade by mixing garlic, olive oil, melted butter, basil, salt, pepper, lemon juice, parsley and dill weed. Massage the oil mixture into the salmon. Place the salmon and the oil mixture in a zip lock bag. Marinate in the refrigerator about 1 hour. 

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

Using the aluminum foil; throw the chopped spring onions on the bottom then place the fillets, cover with marinade. Add slices of lemon atop each fillets prior to closing up the packets. Place sealed salmon in the glass dish, and bake 35 to 45 minutes, until easily flaked with a fork.  

2 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

Looks delicious!

Happy blogoversary :)

lilmizlynn said...

Thanks. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...