Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Salmon Cakes


Gotta tell ya...I cooked a lot but I have the tendency to snap pictures of my food and did not post them right away in my blogspot!!!! Just like this one. We had it about 2 weeks ago and now, I'm just posting it here... What a procrastination!!! NOT GOOD!!!!

Anyway, I never had these salmon cakes before so I made them for dinner the other day.. They are great, I am not sure what is it but something is missing in my salmon cakes.. maybe I didn't sprinkle enough lemon juice.... I adapted the recipe from my 'The Seafood Cookbook, Florida Favorites' and change a little bit from the recipe, by adding mashed potatoes.....

Salmon Cakes
Ingredients:
1 can salmon
1 small onion, diced
1 egg, beaten
1 tbsp mayonnaise
1/4 tsp Worcestershire
2 tbsp minced fresh parsley or parsley flakes
salt and pepper to taste
2-3 potatoes

To coat the patties before frying:
flour
1 egg, beaten
cornmeal
crushed cornflakes

Peel off the skin from the potatoes and cut into cubes. In medium saucepan with water, bring the potatoes to a boil until it turned soft. Leave it to cool before mash the potatoes.

In a medium bowl, flake the salmon with a fork (I removed the bones although they are edible). Mix in the potatoes, onion, egg, parsley, mayonnaise, Worcestershire, salt and pepper. Form into cakes or patties, about 12 small size.

Roll patties in flour, then in the beaten egg and lastly in the cornflakes or cornmeal or even breadcrumbs.

Heat oil in a skillet. Fry till golden. Sprinkle with lemon juice.

In the below picture, I drizzled my cake with some honey mustard sauce. yummy!

1 comment:

Palidor said...

The cakes look so tasty! I love the honey mustard sauce on top!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...