Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Orange Chocolate Crisps

Aidilfitri is around the corner. How time flies and soon Ramadan will be leaving us. This year, it would be just me and hubs. We would love to be in Singapore with the family but not this year. It's just me and hubs here. Anyhoo, I baked just a few kuih raya (raya cookies) for us.  I remember, when I was in Singapore, I would baked so many different types and at the end, there would be like almost 10 different kuih raya.  Also with the ones that my relatives gave us, there would be like 15 or 16 kuih raya, not including the cakes (kek lapis, etc)... haha.. But before raya, some of the kuih raya would be gone.. coz there are plenty of cookie monsters in the house.. LoL!!!!!

On another note, i know... yes.. I've been neglecting my blog... <sigh>... well, here is a recipe for orange chocolate crisps. I can't remember where I got this recipe but it was in my recipe book. Happy Ramadan. :)


Orange Chocolate Crisps
 

Ingredients:
cup white sugar
cup brown sugar
½ cup butter (1 stick)
1 egg
1 tbsp milk
1½ tsp grated orange peel
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
2 cups crisp rice cereal, crushed to 1 cup
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheet beat white sugar, brown sugar and butter until creamy. Add egg, milk, orange peel and vanilla essence. Beat well. Combine flour, baking soda and baking powder. Add to butter mixture, mix well. Stir in crushed cereal and chocolate chips. Drop by level tablespoons, 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Let stand 1 minute before removing to racks to cool.

Makes 3½ dozen.

Happy Baking! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...