Monday, April 30, 2012

Mee Prata (Fried Prata Noodles)



Last week, I made some homemade prata (Indian pancake). I remember a while back, I saw a recipe that has prata as one of their ingredients. So I used some of the dough to make Mee Prata (Fried Prata Noodles). I also made some Tahu Telur (Tofu Omelette) to go with it.

Mee Prata (Fried Prata Noodles) ~Source: Aneka Hidang Mi recipe book
Ingredients (A):
400g all-purpose flour
80g margarine/butter
salt to taste
sugar to taste
water  (to mix the ingredients together)

Preheat oven to 350°F Mix all together. Knead until well blended. Keep aside for 5 hours.  Roll dough to 1/4 inch thick. Place on the well-greased tray and bake in the oven for about 10 minute. Remove and slice lengthwise thinly.  (I did not use this recipe since I already made some prata. But mixing and kneading the dough is something like how you make normal prata)

Ingredients (B):
400g ground beef
400g shrimps
200g bean sprouts
200g white choy sum (Chinese vegetables), cut
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2-3 tbsp chili paste
1 red chili, cut
1 tbsp curry powder
salt
cooking oil

Sauté the onion until golden brown. Remove from pan. Then fry the chili paste. Add the meat, curry powder, salt, and water. Cook meat until tender. Lastly, add bean sprouts, vegetables, cut red chillies and shrimps. Fry for 5 minutes. Serve hot. Garnish with diced tomatoes and chopped cilantro.

p.s: I don't have the some exact ingredients so I improvised and used what I had; potato, chicken hotdog, tofu, and 1 beaten egg. :)




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...