Friday, April 13, 2012

Karipap Lapis (Curry Puff)

These puffs tasted so good! They remind me of the curry puffs that I always get from Polar (pastry & cake cafe) in Singapore. I was looking at my recipe file last week. The file that I had compiled in Singapore many years ago. So I was flipping thru the papers, I saw Karipap Lapis, then I knew I have to make this!

 Ingredients:
Puff pastry - check the recipe HERE

Filling:
200 g ground beef/chicken
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
200 g diced potatoes
1-2 tbsp curry powder
salt to taste
cooking oil
water

Heat oil and saute minced garlic until almost crisp. Add the meat and curry powder. Saute well. Add the potatoes and enough water to cover the potatoes and meat. When the potatoes are almost cooked, add the diced onions and salt. (I added some peas too). Cook until dry. Remove and let it cool before using.

Unfold pastry sheet onto floured surface. cut round from the pastry with a 3 inch (8 cm) cutter. Spoon heaped teaspoons of the mixture onto one side of each pastry round, leaving a border wide enough for the pastry to be folded over. Brush the border with egg white. Fold the pastry over to make a half moon shape, pressing to seal. Transfer to the baking tray and brush top of the pastry with beaten egg. Bake in a preheated oven of at least 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) to get the maximum puff from your pastry for 15 minutes, or until golden.


I also tried to make some Vol-Au-Vents. The fillings on Vol-Au-Vents is from the curry potato & chicken filling and mushroom filling.

 Vol-Au-Vents

1 comment:

Black and White Cookie said...

wow what a curry puf.. i was try to make it, taste is delicious love to make it again for my little babies. they really love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...