Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Honey Cornflakes Mini Cups ~ Eid-ul Adha

This year raya haji was confusing for me. I thought Eid-ul Adha is on 17th but after chatting with my friend, she said its the 16th here. I have plans to cook some raya dishes but since its a last minute, I whipped up a simple dish yesterday. At first, I thought I would cook the raya food today but after much considerations... hehe.. we are going to have a little different from having the tradition raya food. Will post it soon on that.

This morning, I'm sharing the super easiest Eid cookies that I baked last minute. They are crunchy, yummy and uses little ingredients. Honey Cornflakes mini cups.. You can add raisins, toasted groundnuts, toasted almond slices or just have it plain cornflakes. You can even get your little kids to help out and have fun. Definitely both the kids and the adults will enjoy these Eid cookies. :))

Ingredients:
50g butter
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp brown sugar
3 cups cornflakes
1/2 cup raisins

Preheat oven at 325 Degrees Fahrenheit. 
In a small saucepan, melt butter, honey and brown sugar over low heat. 
Keep stirring until the sugar dissolved. 
Turn off heat and mix cornflakes and raisins. Mix well.
Fill the mixture into the mini cups. Sprinkles some nonpareils decors on top. (I also sprinkles a little of the fine crushed chocolate sandwich cookies and red sugar decors, they look just fine after baking.)
Bake for 5-10 minutes.
Cool completely before storing in an air tight container.




Happy Eid-ul Adha to each and everyone celebrating. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...