Monday, August 09, 2010

Mee Hailam PHALINN OOI


August 9 is Singapore's National Day. I'll like to take this opportunity to wish Singapore a Happy 45th Burfday!!!! Being so far away, made me miss the place I called HOME and is always in my ♥ ♥heart♥ ♥. In the morning, I got a chance to watch the last part of the "LIVE" webcast and when the announcer said to the audiences to stand up for the National Anthem and Pledge, I actually stood up, sing the National Anthem and Pledge. Though I'm so far away but hey, I'm a Singaporean and I am proud of my country... ;)

Often, I would check out MamaFami's Fotopages for recipes. When I saw Mee Hailam Phalinn Ooi, it really looks good. Both MamaFami and Phalinn Ooi said it is easy and delicious. I just had to give it a try. Yes, indeed, it is delicious and easy. Thanks Phalinn Ooi and MamaFami for sharing the recipe. :))
 
Ingredients:
yellow noodles or spaghetti (used dry chinese style noodles)
beef fillet-sliced thinly, boil for 5 mins & keep the stock (not used) 
chicken fillet-sliced (cubed, boiled and used the stock)
onion-thinly sliced
garlic-chopped 
chicken cube
chilli powder (not used) 
oyster sauce 
sweet soya sauce
light soya sauce
tomato sauce (used tomato paste) 
vegetables (used cabbage and pre-cooked carrots)
fish ball (added) 
cornflour mixed with water-to thicken the gravy
vegetables oil for cooking 

Boil the noodles till soften. Drain and leave aside. Heat the oil in a wok and saute onion and garlic. Add the meat and fry for about 3 minutes. Add in the crushed chicken cube and chilli powder. Stir well. Pour the beef (chicken) stock. Add in oyster sauce, sweet soya sauce, light soya sauce and tomato sauce (paste). Stir well and let it boil. Add in eggs and vegetables. Pour in the cornflour mixture to thicken the gravy.
 
To serve : Put the noodles in a bowl, pour the gravy on top. Garnish with chopped spring onions and fried onions. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...