Sunday, August 15, 2010

Chicken with mushroom and mozzarella

Yesterday was a rush! I did not have the time to cook what I wanted for Iftar yesterday. So I browsed my recipe book and I found this simple and easy chicken recipe. Made some balsamic vinegar and olive oil dressing to drizzle over the spinach and tomatoes..  I had this recipe for a long time in my recipe book but never thought of giving it a try. I'm glad I did last night... It was delicious.  Yummy!!!

Ingredients:
4 pc (600g) chicken breast
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tbsp flour for dusting
3 tbsp butter
1 medium onion, sliced
2 clove garlic, chopped
250g mushrooms (stems removed), sliced
1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
150g mozzarella cheese, sliced to 5mm thickness (used shredded mozzarella)

Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dust with flour and set aside. Preheat oven at 350F. Heat 1 tbsp butter. Fry onion and garlic till soft. Add mushroom, stir fry for 3mins or until soft. Remove and set aside. Same pan, heat remaining butter. Brown chicken for 4-5mins. Remove chicken and place in a baking tray. Pour stir-fried onions/mushrooms over chicken and sprinkle with herbs. Top with mozzarella slices. Bake for 15-20mins. 



3 comments:

kathy gori said...

looks great!

lilmizlynn said...

Thanks Kathy and thanks for visiting. :))

Box Lunch said...

Looks Awesome I will try this...

Thanks for this Sahring

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...