Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Kuetiau Soup






It was my first time cooking Kuetiau Soup. Its been months, since I had kuetiau soup.. I think my kuetiau soup is more like kuetiau hong kong. hmm.. nevertheless it is yummy! I don't have much in my fridge, so my ingredients is only chicken meat and cabbage. You can add carrots, shrimps, squid rings, fish cakes...

When cooking kuetiau soup, its best to eat immediately after you cook. If not, the noodles becomes soggy..


Ingredients


150gm kueteau
1 egg
1 clove garlic- pounded
100 gm chicken meat. (I used chicken breast and cut into slices and chunks)
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 cup chicken stock
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon cornflour + water
vegetable oil
salt
some vegetables like carrots, cabbage
some seafood like shrimps & squid rings

I used the rice square flakes which I think it is the same as kuetiau. Put the rice square flakes in boiling water for 4 minutes then in cold water for abt 1 minutes and rinse off.
Heat oil in a wok. Fry garlic but do no let it turn brown.
Add chicken meat, oyster sauce, sesame oil, seafood, and chicken stock. Stir to mix well.
Add kueteau, vegetables and the cornflour mixture. lastly break the egg and cook again for 3 mins.

If you cant get kuetieu, you could get the rice square flakes. Below the picture of how the rice square flakes look like...

2 comments:

Za said...

what do these rice square flakes look like? (as in packaging) I can't find kway teow here. :( So hopefully I can find what u use at the Asian store.

lilmizlynn said...

Za, I have upload the pic of the package and the flakes. Hope it helps and you'll be able to get at the Asian store there.. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...