Saturday, October 03, 2009

Chocolate Eclairs Square

Our close friends had a cookout today and I had promised them that I will make a dessert for the cookout. Yesterday, I was still thinking which dessert? Should I make a pie, warm dessert, fruity dessert or no-bake dessert... I checked my dessert recipes books and the Internet.. so many delicious desserts.. I cant decide which one I really want to make so I asked my hubby for help. I gave him 4 types of desserts and asked him to choose one.... Oh boy!!! It was the right choice!! Chocolate Eclair Squares!!! They were FABULOUS!!! I said it again FABULOUS!!! This recipe is very easy, inexpensive and quick. No bake, just need 4 hours to chill. I got up early this morning, and start making this dessert. I also added something extra to my dessert.. Chocolate frosting!! At the cookout, everybody enjoyed it specially my hubby. The twins' mom is very picky about her food and I was so happy when she tried and said "its very gooood......" :) :) This recipe is definitely a keepsake. Thanks Kraft Foods for this fabulous dessert!!!!

Chocolate Eclair Squares
Recipe from Kraft Foods.

Ingredients

2 pkg. (3.4 oz. each) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
2 cups cold milk
1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
64 NILLA Wafers
2 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate

Beat pudding mixes and milk in large bowl with whisk 2 min. Stir in COOL WHIP.
Arrange 16 wafers on bottom of 8-inch square dish; cover with 1/3 of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining wafers. Refrigerate 4 hours.
Microwave chocolate in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 min or until melted when stirred. Drizzle over dessert.



Beginning......


Layered.....


(@ the cookout) I snapped a picture before it runs out... hehe...


The twins' mom made this delicious orange cake! oh boi! I brought back some for a midnight snack!! LoL!!!!! :P

1 comment:

Bimmer said...

Hey! This looks great!

I just happened to make some cream puffs/eclairs over the weekend and I was wondering how you could make them square!? Haha!

I shall try this some time :)

Bimmer
www.mybakingblog.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...