Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Spicy Skillet Chicken



My heart goes out to Haiti. Almost a week after the earthquake, let's pray and hope the rescuers are able to find more survivors...

Tonight, I was able to make a quick delicious dinner within 45mins. I saw this recipe in my email. It looked so delicious so I decided to give it a try. I  had to make a few changes to the ingredients since some of the items are not available in my kitchen. I was super hungry after cooking, and totally forgot to cut the chicken breast into slices like I intended to do before taking a photo... so here is how my spicy skillet chicken on a bed of rice look like...  :)






Spicy Skillet Chicken (adapted from Betty Crocker recipes)
(Serves 4)
Ingredients:
1 to 2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 tomato, chopped
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1 can (11oz) whole kernel corn, drained
1/3 cup taco sauce
2 cups cooked white rice
  1. Mix chili powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl; sprinkle evenly over both sides of chicken breasts. In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Place the chicken on the skillet; cook 8-10 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).
  2. Stir in corn, tomato, green peppers and taco sauce. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are hot. Serve over a bed of rice. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...