Monday, October 26, 2009

Chicken Curry


I have been searching for a delicious and simple to make chicken curry. That is not too oily, too spicy, too thin or too thick. I remember eating chicken curry at a friend's house and her chicken curry was delicious and she said she did not even used coconut milk! My mom made delicious chicken curry too but when I cooked, the chicken curry it was never the same.. I do not know where I go wrong. haha.. I also tried those ready made chicken curry in packets, they tasted funny and too spicy (will not named the brand). It  is healthier to use chicken without the skin  for chicken curry. I never like the chicken skin in my curry except for fried chicken, I liked the skin.. haha.. :)


Thanks to Za from Stay At Home Mom for sharing her chicken curry recipe. This recipe is a keeper!!!

Ingredients:
1/2  chicken, cut into chunks
2 potatoes, cut quarters
1/2 cup coconut milk
2 tbsp meat curry powder (Baba’s Meat Curry)
2 tomatoes, chopped 1 carrot, cut rounds
1 cup water
1 tsp brown sugar
salt to taste

For frying:
1/2 large onion, sliced
2 cardamom, crushed
3 cloves
1 piece cinnamon stick
1 sprig curry leaves
2 tbsp ghee

Grind into a paste:

1 large onion
2 cloves garlic
2 inch ginger

Method:

  1. Heat ghee in a pot and fry sliced onion, cloves, cardamom and cinnamon stick, curry leaves.
  2. Mix curry powder and the blended ingredients in a bowl. Add into the pot and stir until color changes and it becomes fragrant.
  3. Add 1/2 cup of water and keep stirring.
  4. Add chicken and cover the pot. When the chicken is no longer pink, add potatoes. There should be enough water to cover 3/4 of the chicken and potatoes.
  5. Add more water from the remaining amount if necessary. Cook until the potatoes are tender.
  6. Add coconut milk and, tomatoes and sugar. When it starts to bubble, turn off the heat.
  7. Serve hot with bread or rice.

1 comment:

Za said...

Glad u liked it!!..:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...