Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Orange Cake

I was at a friend's home and she had baked an orange cake earlier that morning. Since I have not eaten an orange cake for so long, I gotta have a slice. OMG!! It was so so good... soft and moist.. After that day, I kept thinking about the orange cake. LoL!! So I asked my friend for the recipe. 

My first orange cake. It was easy and did not take too long (preparing). When it was baked, I was happy and cannot wait to take a bite. (I had the cake first before my dinner.. hehe) My cake turned out to be good, its soft and moist. Just two things, I think I did not use enough syrup and it was a little brown on the bottom (a little too long in the oven). I think it would better with a little bit more. Nevertheless, both of us enjoyed the orange cake very much. I'm sure I'll be baking this orange cake often next time.. (as I am writing this post, I have a plate with a slice of the orange cake here. hehe.) :)

Ingredients:
1 yellow cake mix
1 box instant vanilla pudding
4 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup orange juice

Orange Syrup:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup orange juice

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Mix cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil and orange juice together. Pour in a well-greased bundt pan and bake for 35-40 mins.
For the glaze, melt butter in a small saucepan and add sugar and orange juice. Bring it to a boil, stirring constantly.
After the cake is baked, without removing the cake from the pan, poke the cake with a fork or wooden skewer without removing it from the pan. Pour the orange syrup slowly all over the cake. Allow to set for 15-20 mins. Then invert onto a plate. 

2 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

I can imagine the wonderful flavor this cake has. This is my first visit to your blog, so I've taken sometime to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

lilmizlynn said...

Hi Mary, thank you for visiting.
Happy Holidays. xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...