Saturday, February 19, 2011

Pizza time!!!

Usually, we would order pizza to be delivered. But yesterday when hubby said let's have pizza for dinner, I agreed. I also suggested to make our own and be creative with the toppings. I have the ingredients and toppings, so why not give it a go, right...
As I was gathering the ingredients, I thought to myself, it would not be fun to make pizza by yourself so I asked hubby if he wants to join me. He said "yea, sure". We had fun and hubby did mentioned that it was his first time to make his own pizza. He did a great job. :))
This dough recipe is very simple and after baking our pizza turned out very nice. 

Pizza Dough
Ingredients:
1 (.25 oz) packet active dry yeast
1 cup warm water (105 - 110 degrees F)
2 tbsp olive oil
2 1/4 cups bread flour plus extra for dusting
1 tsp salt
2 tsps white sugar

In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let it stand until creamy, for 10 minutes. Stir the olive oil, 2 cups of bread flour, salt, white sugar. Mix in the remaining flour, little by little, stirring well after each addition. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes.
Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with damp cloth and put in a warm place to rise until doubled in volume, about 30 minutes.
On a lightly floured surface, pound the dough down with your fist or palm of your hand. Meanwhile preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (After I pound it down, I divided the dough into smaller pieces and let it rest for 5 minutes before flatten them with my fingers). Form dough into a round and roll out into a pizza crust shape. Cover with your favorite sauce and toppings and bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes.

Ready to go in the oven for baking...

After baking, ready to eat. Yum-yum!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...