Thursday, December 31, 2009

Wishing all a Happy 2010!!!

I'm wish everybody a Happy New Year!!! May 2010 be a wonderful year for all of us. 2009 have been a bittersweet year for me. I got married but lived far away from my families and friends. I miss them a lot. I hope 2010 be a bright future, good health and prosperity with my hubby and hope to see my family soon.. ♥♥

With that being said, my last 2009 post with end with Fried Honey Chicken Drumsticks. I never like drumsticks but its my hubby's favorite part of the chicken. So this is for him..


Fried Honey Chicken Drumsticks

Ingredients
4 chicken drumsticks
3 dry chillies - soaked in hot water
2 cloves garlic
4 small red onions - cut in cubes
1 candle-nut
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
abt 1 tsp sesame seeds

Deep-fried the drumsticks half cook. While the drumsticks are cooking, blend chillies, onions, garlic and candle-nut in a food processor until it become to a paste.

Heat large saucepan with a little oil and saute the blended ingredients until fragrant. Add honey, dark soy sauce, deep-fried drumsticks and sesame seeds. Add salt to taste. Cook until the drumsticks are fully cooked and coated with the rest of the ingredients. Remove from heat and serve hot with plain rice.

Have a happy, happy 2010 everybody!! Best wishes. ♥♥♥♥

5 comments:

natalia said...

At least you don't fight over them !!! We should have all drumsticks !! Happy new year !!

Chris said...

What an interesting technique with the two stage frying. They look mouth watering! What is candle-nut, is it something you can get in most grocery stores?

Velva said...

Your honey sesame seed crumsticks look wonderful. Very nice! Thanks for sharing.

Happy New Year to you!

lilmizlynn said...

@ Natalia : usually I have 1 drumstick and he can have the rest.. Lol! Happy New Year to you and yours.. ♥♥ :)

@ Chris : Candle-nut is usually used in Southeast Asian cookery. I think you can get whole or chopped roasted candlenuts at the Indian and Asian stores/markets. Here is a link of how it look like. (http://home1.pacific.net.sg/~ccchia/pict01.html). If you cant get it, you can substitute with macadamia nuts. :)

@ Velva : Thanks and Happy New Year to you too! :)

Carrie said...

Huh, never heard of candlenuts. I was just at our Asian market yesterday, I'll have to check back soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...