My cousin and his gurlfren were already there and by the time when we got there they already caught some (as in the picture below)
After 4 hrs of of prawning... hehe.... I would say we caught quite a lot. So as soon as we got home, mom we cleaned the prawns with salt and water then deep-fry the live prawns.
My mom wanted to make Sambal Prawns but its too spicy so I suggest to cook Oatmeal Butter Prawns.. This is my favorite dish and everyone else in the family too...:)
Cooking with mom, well, she doesnt use the measuring cup or scale... just using estimations.. So I had to look in my recipe book for Oatmeal Butter Prawns and do some adjustments...
- 300g big prawns, trimmed, washed and drained
- 3 tbsp butter / margarine
- 3 egg yolks, beaten lightly
- 2 tbsp garlic and onion paste
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 5 tbsp quick-cooking oatmeal
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Oil for deep-fry
- Chinese parsley and spring onion - garnish (optional)
- Heat up oil, add prawns and deep-fry for 1 minute Dish and drain.
- Level 1/2 cup of oil wok, saute butter/margarine and egg yolks till fragrant.
- Add garlic, chicken stock granules, sugar, curry leaves, chillis, salt and peppeter and continue to fry till fragrant.
- Add prawns and fry till aromatic.
- Lastly, add oatmeal and fry till dry. Dish up and serve hot.