Friday, February 13, 2009

Oatmeal Butter Prawns


Fresh live prawns!! Yummy!!!! We went to a fishing pond to catch prawns... no fish but prawns... I forgot the name of the place but I remember the place is in a golf range. There is a seafood restaurant. The owner charged for 1 hr its $15, 2 hrs $25 and 3 hrs $30 and you get 1 fishing rod. So within the period you paid, you can catch as many prawns you like.. So let say, you pay for an hour, you might get 3 or 4 prawns or even more or less... Fishing need a lot of patience. I even saw some people, after they caught some prawns, they could bbq right there and eat them there... the smell of the bbq made me hungry... yummy!!

My cousin and his gurlfren were already there and by the time when we got there they already caught some (as in the picture below)

After 4 hrs of of prawning... hehe.... I would say we caught quite a lot. So as soon as we got home, mom we cleaned the prawns with salt and water then deep-fry the live prawns.

My mom wanted to make Sambal Prawns but its too spicy so I suggest to cook Oatmeal Butter Prawns.. This is my favorite dish and everyone else in the family too...:)

Cooking with mom, well, she doesnt use the measuring cup or scale... just using estimations.. So I had to look in my recipe book for Oatmeal Butter Prawns and do some adjustments...


Recipe:
  • 300g big prawns, trimmed, washed and drained
  • 3 tbsp butter / margarine
  • 3 egg yolks, beaten lightly
  • 2 tbsp garlic and onion paste
  • 1 tbsp curry powder
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 2 sprigs curry leaves
  • 5 tbsp quick-cooking oatmeal
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • Oil for deep-fry
  • Chinese parsley and spring onion - garnish (optional)
Method:
  1. Heat up oil, add prawns and deep-fry for 1 minute Dish and drain.
  2. Level 1/2 cup of oil wok, saute butter/margarine and egg yolks till fragrant.
  3. Add garlic, chicken stock granules, sugar, curry leaves, chillis, salt and peppeter and continue to fry till fragrant.
  4. Add prawns and fry till aromatic.
  5. Lastly, add oatmeal and fry till dry. Dish up and serve hot.


Enjoy! :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...