Thursday, January 22, 2009

Chinese New Year Hamper for the bosses.....

I thought of this idea for last year Christmas but someone at work suggested to get a gift for our bosses - the husband and wife team for the Chinese New Year or sometimes called Lunar New Year. Everyone agreed and contributed. The festival traditionally begins on the first day of the first lunar month in the Chinese calender and ends on the 15th; this day is called Lantern Festival. In Singapore and many other countries , its a 2 day Public Holiday but in China it could be up to 7 days of Public Holidays... ;)

Anyway, I thought of getting them a hamper and souvenir, a photo frame, pictures of them with all the staff would be a good gift.. Instead of getting ready-made hamper from the supermarket, I decided to create my own hamper... I bought cookies, peanuts, egg crackers, yu sheng, longan desserts, chocolates, Chinese tea for the hamper. Lucky thing mom kept some nice baskets. At first, it was hard for me to arranged the items in the basket because, of all the shapes and sizes... With mom's suggestions, I managed to fit all the items in the basket. I wrapped the basket with a clear with some white spots decoration and a "touch" of oranges. hehe..

Here is my first basket hamper looks like. I hope they like it... :)

The front side of the hamper.

The back side of the hamper

I wish to all Chinese around the world, a Happy Lunar New Year and to everyone else a Happy Holidays..... Gong Xi Fa Cai.. :)

1 comment:

natalia said...

happy chinese new year to you too !!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...